Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Icescream You Scream

I am SO excited for my new project! In all honesty it has taken a lot lately for me to be inspired. Well, actually, I take that back. I'm really inspired lately, honestly, but I cannot get it out onto paper, project, verbalized, etc. etc. I never really experience the much dreaded problem of not being able to express myself but for lack of better description, I feel that someday soon I will puke all of that creativity up...except it will look and smell much much prettier.

My next/newest/freshest project is going to be to furnish the nook of my kitchen. And on that note I have failed to mention in this little blog that I have moved to a new apartment with character, hardwood floors, old hinged white cabinets, terricotta kitchen floors, french doors to a front porch, a fireplace, the works. It's perfecto, bonita, muy bien.

Anyways, back to that nook. A Field Journal featured her kitchen table adorned with cupcakes and the like for her birthday party. I not only loved the entire vintage theme of the party but the icecream chairs, oh how I love the heart shape backing!

She found them on craigslist and so I instantly searched and before I knew it I found a set of 4 right here in Columbus' own sideyard of Pickerington! I hit the trusty favorite button to keep my eye on them and printed the picture of my inspiration to hinge in my planner. Now, would you believe the email I get from Mom yesterday telling me she found these great chairs that we could scrape and repaint. The SAME ONES! She had already emailed the seller and long story short; two of them are mine for the tiny price of just $40 dollars!

Suggestions for the chair paint color? The kitchen has pale yellow walls, white cabinets, terracotta tile floors with accents of blue and purple.

(Editor's note: pictures of the new place, for the sake of Tessa K. Wehrman and anyone else who may be interested, will be up shortly...once the maid comes through.)

...to be continued.

1 comment:

XTrainer said...

yes yes pictures are very necessary. those chairs are too cute... ps... what is my middle name :)