I love how the gardener chose just yellow and white. Simple and classic. And my mind and eyes always appreciate some good symmetry. Perhaps someday I'll have a garden with these.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tulip Kisses
This morning rain is absolutely delightful. Despite the fact that I wish I was still snug in his bed I smile inside knowing the rain is bringing everything to life. I specifically remember the week last year when the green just popped and it's safe to say this week is The Week. Flowers have been blooming for some time now, but it's that time in Ohio when everything is so lush and colors are so vivid it really is one of the best times in our four seasons (besides Fall).
The street I live on boasts brick mansions and gaslit lamps galore and it provides a highlight to the end of my commute come 5:20pm every day. This is when dogs are out, runs have begun, the sun is getting low but still warm. Just three blocks short of home is a grand house that is not only stunning to look at and to guess what it's like inside but every bit of its landscape outside is so perfectly groomed. My absolute favorite part is the tulips that flank their walkway at the curb. I was telling my friend Annette over at Lilac Haven about these flowers because she shared her garden flowers in a photo album that included some dark tulips that I adore for their stained color look. After talking with Annette and appreciating her passion for nature and her garden I decided to live vicariously through my rich neighbor. Yesterday on that commute home I stopped to take pictures of the beds of flowers that have been catching my eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful!! and you did a great job on your pictures too by the way. I wonder if their gardener digs these up and stores them and then replants in the fall. You'll have to keep an eye out on that. I bet he does. Otherwise there will be just a bunch of dead and browning greenery from that many tulips later on.
Post a Comment