Monday, June 22, 2009

Note to Self

Dear Self,
Do NOT under any circumstances take scissors, hedge clippers, buzzers or shearers to your hair! It has been decided, on a rather self-confident and happy day, that you WILL grow your hair out until Sencha'l's wedding you are in on August 22, 2009. That way you will have more options to curl it or pull it up altogether. Who really needs a nice haircut anyway? Go ahead and get it trimmed up once in awhile, (especially those bangs that can get awfully 2nd-grade-I-trimmed-my-own-hair-atrocious) but let it have its fun. It's not like you don't pull it up in a ponytail come 10am every day, so who are you trying to fool? With a lot of restraint you could at least try and get it to this length and maybe even go for that color?
Print this out and paste it to the side of the bathroom mirror. I'm serious.

With Love,
Self

and just as I was writing to Self, THIS popped up in my inbox...

Dear Carrie,
Don't cut me or there will be some SERIOUS consequences. You always make me look bad with your terrible habits of trimming your split ends or bangs on your own and it just doesn't make me feel good. How can I be all bouncy and shiny with that crap going on? If you pick up the scissors I will kick your ass.

Yours Truly,
Head of Hair

P.S. Last time I checked I am a) not a skunk or b) not trashy, so please go fix my roots.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, I am sending myself the opposite note! I have cut my own hair the past couple times (thank goodness for curly/wavy hair that forgives) but it is time for a professional chop. This wearing ponytails or messy buns to work thing can only go so far.

Good luck growing it out!

Lilac Haven said...

LOL Mine needs something. Not sure if it is a cut or a grow out.

Erika said...

haha i've been there, it's tough!! especially in the awkward stages, but you can do it, power through!! :)