Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Lovin'

June First. Already! I have been full-fledged Summer for some time now but nothing screams IT'S SUMMER like some planned road trips, ball games, movies and even some tv shows to look forward to. Sometimes nothing beats a lazy dusk evening then some dramatic Real Housewives (lay off the botox...sheesh) and a smoothie for dinner.

Here lies my Summer Dish Sesh

Sustenance:
Project Runway
I may not have the talent to sew, heck I may not even have the talent to pick out fabric in such a short amount of time (I am SO indecisive). But I absolutely ADORE and LOVE this show. I'm not thrilled it's moving to Lifetime but I'll still tune in for my fabric meets "You stole my sewing station" drama. And who I am kidding? I have a kind of gay-crush on Tim Gunn. But then again, who doesn't? Any guy who makes me cry, in a good way, is A+ in my book. Not to mention I have my own lesbo crush on Heidi. P.S. If I could get (er, afford) any of last year's winner, Leanne Marshall's line, I would crap my pants.

For a sob fest:
My Sister's Keeper
I read this book. I LOVED this book. I CRIED at the end of this book. Honestly, go out and read it before the movie comes out. I couldn't put it down. Note to self: get other Jodi Piccoult books. I read up on a little bit about the movie. To be completely honest I hate when I read a book and have an idea of what I want the characters to look like and then the movies goes and ruins it all. Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin are in the movie. Okay, okay. Cam you made me laugh out loud in The Holiday and Abigail Breslin and Little Miss Sunshine...need I say more? One of my all-time favorite movies. Please don't mess this one up for me gals. And if I can't find anyone to go with me to the movie you can bet your bottom dollar I'll go by myself. (Do it at least once in your life. It's actually really fun.) And I'll treat myself to popcorn, a diet coke AND milk duds just because I can.

For the little kid in me/since I'm a guys girl:
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
The first movie was (pardon my cliched term) SICK. I found myself saying out loud in the movie theater, "THAT was BADASS." I seriously got the chills when Optimus Prime changed into a cab over semi-truck. Goosebumps. First official crush on an automobile, fictional character, whathaveyou. There is something about Transformers, Spider Man and The Dark Knight that leave me with this childlike wonder and amazement for the heroes of the fictional world. I'll admit the tight black suit (holy shit Christian Bale, you are HOT) may have had something to do with this amazement but really, it's just badass. Go treat yourself to some eye candy.

What will you be watching this Summer?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just finished that book recently. I got a copy when I went to the Martha show. Abigail Breslin was a guest. I cried every 20 pages thinking about what was going to happen, and then the ending was way different! good read!

callie ;) said...

carrie - everything jodi picoult writes is a-maaa-zing. definitely read more! :)

hope you're doing well, callie