Last Fall was spent driving a large van across the midwest by myself with no company for 6 weeks. I completely missed Ohio's amazing Fall weather complete with leaves, pumpkins, decorations, and OSU football...also known as The Good Stuff. For Halloween? I sat in my hotel room drinking Bud Select and eating Triscuits while watching The Exorcist on TV. I didn't get to dress up and I surely didn't get to experience decorating and all the joys that October brings.
So this year, my friends, I'm making up for it! With a new apartment complete with non-working fireplace but stunning mantle I fully intend to make this the focal point of decorating come each holiday. When I was sharing the cupcake garland idea I found in my last post I had an a-ha! moment...HALLOWEEN cupcake liners!
After my run yesterday I high-tailed it to the nearest Kroger (better selection then Ginormous Eagle and also no other Halloween store in a 20 mile radius I could think of). Kroger's holiday aisle boasts candy, candy and more candy but also bits and pieces of cheap decor options. I grabbed bats, spiders, cobwebs (previously purchased at Walgreens), and cupcake liners. I am not kidding when I say I could not contain my excitement to get home and get making!

Next I decided to spruce up the mantle and give Tim the Skeleton some company. I bought Tim 2 years ago and he is probably one of my favorite holiday decor items like, ever. He's ceramic and dangly and has a place to put a candle in him so his insides light up. So cool.


Also, the black candle sticks
drip blood. Love it.Happy Halloween!

1 comment:
Looks great! I love fall.
Post a Comment