Well I don't have H1N1 so I can't blame the pig-like binging on yogurt and triscuits on that. So what do you do come Fall when you get hit with the ever-elluding flu-like virus that keeps you strapped to the toilet, bed and couch, (repeat) in your mid-twenties whilst living alone?
You finish one book of the Twilight series (New Moon), start another one (Eclipse), watch movies titled "Sorority Wars" and "The Haunting of Sorority Row" (god they were GOOD) on Lifetime, cry a little, buy yourself animal crackers in those neat little boxes that look like animal cages and rent Twilight; read: drool over how ridiculously handsome and good looking Edward Cullen is in the movie. Somewhere in my sickness I succombed to the inner 12 year old pre-pubscent girl in me and really gave in to all these guilty pleasures. But shit it was worth it!
What did I take away from this experience?
1. Living on triscuits, yogurt, and everything bagels with cream cheese (repeat) never gets old.
2. I sort of missed college after watching both above mentioned movies on Lifetime. Since, you know, the Sorority Wars movie DID have it's truths AND I really did live in a haunted house my junior and senior year. I'm not even kidding.
3. A bike ride around the block without a bra on and 6 layers, because that's all you can make it with what little strength you have left, is perfectly okay and shameless. If only I could let this excuse pass every time I worked out. I definitely looked like a hobo riding a bike on Saturday.
hobo riding a 5 speed mountain bike
Also, who else has completely ridiculous and vivid dreams while sick? Cause man, I could write a movie with this material.
No comments:
Post a Comment