I LOVE looking at maps. I could look at them for hours on end. I just hung up a map of Ohio today in my cubicle and spent a good 20 minutes just looking at the different towns and remembering the places I've been...before I even had my coffee! Maybe I adore maps so much so, because it does allow me to dream...about going places in the future and all the places I've been.
On a related note, I was looking at Google maps of Haiti and the plates and fault lines that piece together our planet deep down on the ocean floors. Once again, I love maps and again, stared. Wondered. Just moments earlier I read about the latest news of Haiti and the survivors and the many lives lost from the earthquake, far greater than anyone predicted. It is absolutely heart-wrenching and downright scary. It seems like it is all out of a horror movie about the end of the world, doesn't it? I immediately wanted to help and found an easy site that does not require much thought and only a few clicks to donate. Network for Good makes the process easy to send any amount of monetary donation to the organization of your choice.
click here to help Haiti!
No comments:
Post a Comment