My first workout on Sunday (long run days) was only 4 miles and it felt like a breeze. For some ungodly known reason God decided at an early age to bless me with long strong legs that somehow carry me even with 2 months off from running. I had run with a purpose for 10 years in track, but it always felt like a death sentence knowing each and every weekend I would have to spend at least 60 seconds of my life running like my life depended on it. Good god do I miss those days sometimes, and the competition, but this is a whole different story. This pressure is much different, because it is self chosen, and it will feel so damn rewarding to cross that finish line. True story: I've never run farther than 6 miles in my life!

photo via google images
All I have to say is there better be (actually I know there is) a beer waiting for me at the finish line...as well as 3 smiling, beautiful, amazing friends (actually I know there is ) to celebrate with! The following week we will all be at our dear Sencha'l's wedding, lined up in her beautiful bridesmaids dresses...in the best shape of our lives! Dude, seriously. Is it Spring yet?
p.s. Mom and Dad are coming down to watch and make a vacation out of it! So are Tessa's parents! We are going to tear up Nashville! Yeeeehaw!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment