Don't get me wrong: I am ALL about the high fashion magazines, photo shoots and blogs I follow to see what $500 shoes I can oogle over next with my champagne taste on a beer budget. But what I don't get is how people can NOT be thrifty with what stores are putting out these days as far as fashion goes.I feature Old Navy finds and the like and sure, you are going to have your plain tees and typical capris in there...really, anywhere you go will have those vanilla finds. What you need to hone is your "eye" for things. I've often been told I have "it" or rather the ability to see a piece for it's potential once paired with something original.
Take these skinny ankle jeans for example from NY & CO. FORTY DOLLARS. And worth every penny! I got the light distressed with holes pair in the middle and I'm planning on heading back for those lemon pair on the right. The fit is actually more of a pencil skinny, very tight at the ankle (unlike the ones pictured). I wasn't sure how they would fit, but the old saying rings true, "You never know 'till you try them on." Basically, they fit like a glove and are undeniably comfortable.
The true secret is what you pair it with, what you mix it up with and of course how you add your own personal touch to things. I plan on adding black gladiator pumps to the mix and my favorite pair of black rosebud earrings. Shirt is TBD (don't worry not hangin' out topless)...although a black backless top (which I have...American Apparel) would look fantastic. Voila! An outfit is born.
p.s. I got a heavy black bomber coat with detachable hood for next winter at NY & CO for 20 BUCKS. Original $90. Go on now...scoot! Get down with your thrifty self.
Lesson learned? Get an eye for things.
Buy the typical stuff.
Sass it up with your own personal style.
No comments:
Post a Comment