Let's face it. We all waste our money on something. Come payday I dream of where I can shop or what restaurant the gals and I are going to try next. However, I see no point in throwing my benjamins towards the following:
technology: in the form of televisions, cell phones or navigation systems.
Sure, I'd love a flat screen for the few shows I religiously watch (I'm talking about you Project Runway). Yeah, I'd love to waste more time than I already do on an iphone with games, access to FB and Googling in my constant attempts to prove Lauren wrong. Of course I'd love a nav system but considering I know Columbus like the back of my hand, it would be quite useless. To be frank, I really just don't care about those bells and whistles. I'd rather spend my hard earned money on fashionable finds and a nice Italian dinner complete with amazing company.
Case in point: Carrie's version of GPS aka The Old School Way (handwritten on an envelope).
Nevermind that Sencha'l and I legitamately thought we were lost for a good half hour in the middle of northern Ohio in some little town called Lexington with POSTS for street signs. Nevermind that The Old School Way doesn't tell you when it's time to turn or when to recalculate. Since I made Sen drive, I did my best to give my GPS voiceover as we wandered the hilly streets of the outskirts of Mansfield but I must admit...I was no Garmin.

ROADTRIP complete with Martha S. wedding mag's for Sen's upcoming nups'!
We did what any other women would do...we called KJ's husband to get us the heck out of there. Seriously, what did people DO without Garmin's before? Probably just got lost trying to guess?But I'd bet a million bucks people don't laugh as hard anymore on Saturday road trips quite like we did!

No comments:
Post a Comment