Where to begin on posts again? I guess I will start with some lessons I learned about vacation and travel this go-around.
1. When traveling on an airplane comfort and layering is always key. You can call me crazy but planning the airplane outfit is always a fun chore to do as well. There is something about traveling in style and feeling pulled together on what is normally considered a hassle (if you have a long flight). My general rule of thumb is to stick to cotton basics and layer for the constant temparature change.
affordable traveling fashion: target gladiator sandals. old navy pants, tank, sunglasses. ae cardi.
2. Don't forget sunscreen on your knees and tips of your earlobes. These tricky places make blowdrying your hair and laying out on your stomach quite an uncomfortable task.
3. It never ever hurts to ask. And then ask again. And then ask one more time. And then ONE MORE TIME. (I guess 25 years old equals the year to grow a back bone). I called Expedia to switch my flight from 2 connecting flights to a direct flight into Columbus. Expedia told me no. I asked the American Airlines check-in lady, "sorry it's full." So I checked in my regular flight and went to the counter for the direct flight 2 gates away and asked again. "50 bucks and it's full right now anyways." Not good enough. I went back ten minutes later and said, "I want on this flight. If one person doesn't show up can I get on it?" Mind you, my scheduled flight is now boarding. Five minutes later I was on a flight...direct to Columbus, at no charge!
4. If you're going to people watch, do so with sunglasses on.
5. I was told by a bronzed 40-something woman from Long Island to always take vacations with your girlfriends, no matter how old you are and no matter if you're married. "Omigod they are sooo good for the soul." Could not agree more.
6. Incorporate some alone time into a vacation (obviously if you're with family but also when with friends). It never hurts to sneak away on a morning walk alone and get some quality one-on-one time with the beach and the ocean views.
No comments:
Post a Comment