Thursday, April 22, 2010

before & after

Back on November 17, 2009 I asked ya'll to stay tuned. Well it's officially a new year and a new season and the yellow desk spirits finally summoned me to GET ON IT. I used to paint and do projects like it was my JOB at my last apartment, but since settling into this one I haven't so much as lifted a finger to redecorate (well, addition of curtains). Mom bought me this cute table at a garage sale in her neighborhood and this is the plum/mauve/cranberryish color it came in. Kinda drab, kinda bleh.
Along with my insatiable runners high comes a sense of gutsy ballsiness because after this weeks run I headed straight (I mean straight) to ACE Hardware to look at paint swatches. And let's face it, I never just go to look. I always just pick something at random and go with it. (Also, hardware stores are simply amazing. I could also spend hours in there looking at stupid tools, dresser pulls and paint swatches.)

So I've always wanted a yellow desk. Why not? Why NOT paint a desk yellow? I'm tired of safe colors. But THIS yellow? Not so sure! It's safe to say it's going to brighten up my dining room. The Imperial Yellow I picked is bordering on the yellow brick road on acid, but ya know what, who cares. I'll go with it for now. It's just a desk and the next time my mood moves me, heck I may paint it kelly green.

What do you guys think? For the record, the flash is a bit harsh on this camera. And I hate HATE overhead lighting so it's never going to look THAT bright.
Picked those lilacs on my run with Lauren tonight. The smell is simply intoxicating.

I'm off to Nashville to run the 1/2 with my gals! Afterwards I want a banana, a beer, a shower, a nap, a good dinner, a stiff martini, a mechanical bull and a southern gentleman. In that order.

post signature

1 comment:

Manny Amadi said...

If colours were people the yellow would be the happy gang – orange, its close neighbour in the colour spectrum, would be the go-lucky crew. If you need something positive in your life, these are the colours that you should look to use for the positive energy and a more invigorated and energy-filled approach to life