Wednesday, May 19, 2010

dream job

I was looking around in my desk today and found THIS gem. This, ladies and gents, is from February 1, 2008 at my first job at Progressive Medical (for the record I LOVE and miss the people I worked with there). We were in training and told to draw or depict what our dream job/space would look like. And of course I laminated mine and saved it to always look back on. Let's break mine down, shall we?(starting from the bottom left)
1. "Hi Carrie!" Clearly this is a girl, and I want lots of friends stopping by to chat and say hi to talk about how ridiculous Jake Pavelka looked in that puca shell necklace last night on The Bachelor.
2. Fresh flowers at my desk.
3. A huge U shaped desk with enough space to not feel cluttered.
4. A view of the ocean, palm trees and sunshine everyday (which means I'd have lots and lots of windows).
5. Coloring books & markers for creative breaks.
6. An Ohio State flag hanging on the wall. Duh.
7. A HUGE white flat screen Mac to work on and design things.
8. Pictures of friends and family.
9. A slushie machine, obviously.
10. A big bowl of M&M's.
11. RODS. Pretzel rods. All the time.
12. Grapes and nanners. Always nanners.
13. A personal fridge full of Diet Coke.
14. Running shoes under my desk for impromptu runs.
15. My own personal running path RIGHT outside my door to take off into the woods. And who doesn't get a sign that says "RESERVED FOR MISS. MAZZA"? 'Cause I do.
16. Music playing at all times.
17. Let's get to the most important part: the one man I drew with his arms stretched out towards me. He is there to give me massages at my demand.
18. Yours Truly reclined in her plush chair, with a pin striped pant suit and pointy heels looking like the fashionable working woman I am.

I'd like to disclaim what I DO have at my current job. Markers. Pictures. Pretzel rods. Music. A big desk.

Excuuuuse me, where the heck is my hot massage slave?

post signature

1 comment:

Professor Fancy Pants said...

I adore your dream job!! Please tell me it also includes a bottomless travel budget where you are required to "dress the part," and get a new wardrobe for every city.