It got me thinking about my home improvement projects and all the ways I've totally half-assed it, or did it the Womanly Way, or did it the I'm Single And My Ex Boyfriend Bought Me A Retarded Tool Set That Has Nothing Of Actual Use In It (Mom and I seriously laugh EVERY TIME I have to drag that thing out and say, what was he THINKING?) For the record I asked for a tool set for Christmas and he gave me the most useless set of tools I've ever seen in my life.
Anyways, let me explain to you my ways of home projects. When I get an idea I want it done NOW. I mean RIGHT NOW. As in I will drop everything I'm doing, sacrifice tonight's dinner and go straight to the hardware or decorating store and drop copious amounts of money on things I a) don't need or b) surely already have. But COME ON, new paint calls for a new brush every time, right?
As Erika said, a hammer solves everything. "Don't have a drill? Try using a hammer. Need a Phillips head screwdriver? Try using a hammer!!" I cannot tell you how many times my trusty hammer has come into an integral play on my home projects. Several months ago I bought curtains (without measuring of course) and went to hang them. Yes, my thick walls need drill bits to keep nails in them in a stud. And several years ago I actually purchased a mini drill with the power of a really good power toothbrush. I don't know why I bought it, but at the time I thought I was the next best thing to Heidi from the Home Improvement sitcom (and just as cute too). So anyways, back to those curtains. Let's just say I used a hammer to accomplish hanging them, when a power drill was much MUCH needed. And those old walls are like plaster. They're up, just don't touch them, okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment