Friday, May 7, 2010

my Mom

This blog would be not made possible if it weren't for my Mom. Because she inspires me. Because she is my best friend. Because she birthed me NATURALLY and, if I had turned out to be the Anthony "Tony" that I was supposed to be, I'd be sitting here writing about cars, beer and sports or something...yeah, something like that. So without further ado, it's time I pay this fabulous woman some street cred.

She cries when we get rid of old cars and anything with sentimental value, but mostly, the cars.

She drinks Diet Coke like it's her job.

She ran in a 5K one summer in our neighborhood, first run ever. The whole race finished and Mom hadn't crossed the finish line so the cops drove the route to find her. She was out shopping at garage sales.

She loves her entire family and always puts them first.

She fell in love with my Dad at first sight.She writes really well...just ask her to recite you some of her college journalism prompts. You might cry you laugh so hard.

She has beautiful curly brown hair and long lean legs.

She has great fashion and has never ever once dressed like a frumpy Mom.

She has these sweatpants...

Her favorite piece of the cinny rolls is the gooey middle one.

Looking back on her old pictures, we have a lot of the same facial expressions and I love it.

I remember very vividly riding in the van with her and Dominick and all of us singing along to Huey Lewis and The News and Rod Stewart cassette tapes.

I've seen this woman covered head to toe in sage green wall paint.

She always always gave Dominick and I the best birthday parties and went all out.

She still creates Valentines and Easter baskets for Dominick and I, and Santa still visits the Mazza household every December.

I can honestly say she is the most selfless person I know.

And the best Mom any single person on this planet could ask for. I am so so so so lucky.

p.s. I got a tat just for you.

I love you Mom!

post signature

1 comment:

Lilac Haven said...

You mom sure is a wonderful woman and a good friend too. She's fun and funny and a good listener.