
Bad habits. We all have them. Mine happens to be picking at my nails. I go in phases. This habit has been a long battle and something I need to speak up about to get help. In which case, I am embarassingly posting a BEFORE picture of my nails as we speak, in hopes you all will hold me accountable to growing them out. It starts with a single step, folks. Let's end the madness.
Step 1- admit you are weak (check)
Step 2- ask for help (check)
Step 3- put some Hard As Nail's by Sally Hensen on your filanges, weekly (check)
Step 4- buy copious amounts of new fall nail colors from OPI and/or Essie
Step 5- scratch others backs and get rave compliments on your skills
Step 6- annoyingly tap in a rhythmic flow to songs on your desk/dashboard/counter/computer
Step 7- become a hand model
Step 8- paint your nails scarlet for Michigan game day (and look cute drinking hot toddy from a thermos) GO BUCKEYES!

2 comments:
Crazy - I almost posted a pic of my nails today, too. I, as you know, am also weak when it comes to bad nail (in my case: biting) habits. But I am going on two weeks! (I've got to get some polish on them before I cave.) You can do it!
I was a terrible nail biter for many many years. Now, mine won't stop growing! I'm not sure what made me stop. Maybe it was the nagging from my parents. Or maybe it was just the thought of all the germs that are on your hands that could be ingested. Gross. I also became self-conscious of my nasty nails. So no nail polish required. I just stopped. Cold turkey. And peanut butter seemed to help them grow and stay strong. Go protein.
Post a Comment