Thursday, September 23, 2010

my version of sky blue

On a couple of occasions now I've been on the road at the crack of dawn, traveling on the country roads with black as night skies. As the sun rises and I continue to head east, I look in my rear view mirror in the still sleepy west and think, "THAT. THAT COLOR RIGHT THERE. Is what I want in my someday house on my someday walls." But how would I ever begin to explain that specific color at that specific time?

And now, perusing the Rue site, I've found that exact color.
{photo via rue}
In fact, everything about this room has touches of my favorites. Dark wood. Crisp white vases. Dreamy pre-dawn navy. Plush fur on the floor.

Inspiration is everywhere.
post signature

2 comments:

Celeste said...

this is one of my favorite shades of blue- it's so deep yet subtle to me :)

Krista said...

So funny, this exact blue is what I want to do to my first house... mainly due to Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn's apartment in "The Break Up" - looks just like this photo!