Anyways. I am not exaggerating that ONE session has left me feeling so revitalized (and sore). I have a whole new natural energy today. I opted for water and tea this morning instead of coffee because it just sounded better. I've said it before and I'll say it again but it's an intense yogi hangover.
On another note, I cannot lift my arms. And this is not an exaggeration. I have noodle arms as is (I can't do pushups, even when I was a track runner) and having not lifted or performed chaturanga (think slow lowered reverse pushup) in over a year was the perfect concoction for shaking shoulders and a sore upper body. But hell, I love the feeling.
It must also be noted I get my most clearest thoughts, if any thoughts, while in this hour and fifteen sesh. Take for example last year, when Caitlin joined me, and in some sort of downward dog/pretzel twist with our hands in prayer I looked up through my sweaty bangs and whispered "I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BE FOR HALLOWEEN.....BEEEYOOOOONSSSSS".
{the closest I've gotten to a yoga pose in a year}
I also have a crush on my instructor, Marie. There, I said it.
No comments:
Post a Comment