Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ideas

Recently I've been drinking my orange juice out of my one favorite mason jars. Then I saw this cute idea to use one to hold your makeup brushes which also doubles as a pretty display. Now if only I had a counter top in my bathroom...

Speaking of, I need new affordable makeup brushes! Where do you buy yours?
post signature

8 comments:

Reagan said...

I do that with my tooth brushes! I keep them in a mason jar and my hair ties and Bobby pins go in a cute old tea cup. I love that look!

Professor Fancy Pants said...

Target's Sonia Kassich (Sp?) line.

Maggie said...

I keep my brushes, eye/lip liners, cotton balls and Q-tips in silver Mint Julep cups of varying sizes. They look so pretty on my countertop. I love the Mason jars idea!

I use mostly Bobbi Brown makeup brusheseye makeup brushes for eye makeup. They are by no means cheap, but in my opinion they're a worthwhile investment. With proper care they last forever. Equally important, the bristles don't shed all over my face and bathroom, nor do they get rough and misshapen when I clean them. In other words, they behave themselves quite nicely.

Maggie said...

Oh dear. My comment misbehaved!

Second paragraph, first line should read:

I use Bobbi Brown makeup brushes for my face, and a mix of BB and Sephora for eye makeup.

Lilac Haven said...

I use Avon brushes and they really nice and not too expensive.

stacey erin said...

Love! Especially with the pretty perfume bottle next to it!
I use a large mason jar to hold my cotton balls. I like Reagan's idea to put tooth brushes in one as well! Especially since I have those fat-handled toothbrushes that don't fit in the normal sized holder.

Ashley McLaughlin said...

Sonia Kashuk brushes are awesome (Target). As well, I stopped in our natural food store here yesterday (Foodworks) and saw they have eco-friendly bamboo brushes for fairly inexpensive and the cheapest I've found them anywhere. Also, they were amazing! Maybe Whole Foods or somewhere of the sort?

Unknown said...

i keep everything i can in mason jars! i love them. also, i buy sephora brand makeup brushes. i'd like to splurge and get something expensive, but i can't seem to pull the trigger..