Sunday was beautiful and I couldn't help but want to throw a rake in the cart to get home and get raking. So that's what I did...for a good old fashioned yard workout. Jake snapped a few shots, post-me being done with half the front yard, after a kind old woman stopped in her Oldsmobile and told me that I must not be from around here because, you can't just rake leaves to the curb or you'll get fined. I swore up and down this is how it works where I am from and I thought that's how it was, I don't know ACROSS THE WORLD? Apparently you have to BAG THEM. I was appreciative of the kind old lady stopping on her Sunday drive to tell me this, but then got pissed for, oh, 10 minutes (as you can see in this picture)
I quickly took my anger out on a tree that needed trimmed so badly, the branches were going bananas. I gave her a "winter trim". Am I boring you yet? I'm talking about trees and leaves here, people.
{On a more fun note, here's Jake and I with his family at the Schwiebert Halloween party!}
{Cleopatra and her Roman Emperor lover, Marc Antony}
And now it's November. Bring on the Christmas music!
1 comment:
Um...bagging leaves looks like torture. I will remember this the next time I'm tempted to complain about the lack of fall leaves at the beach.
And...your costumes are awwwwwesome. :)
Post a Comment