Friday, November 5, 2010

vegas, baby

Ladies and gentleman, I bring you Mr. Vegas.

Hello everyone. Mr. Vegas is extremely grateful to be here. This is my first post for this amazing blog so I thought I'd come out swinging and share my most recent obsession....the tassel loafer. Once an old eyesore, over weight middle-aged men would wear after golfing, is truly a great addition to any gentleman's closet now. One must choose this style of shoe carefully though, as it is all based on "how" you wear it. I myself have a taste for classic, timeless clothing with a modern touch. I pair mine with my suits at work or with a pair of jeans. I love these especially because they are so versatile. You can wear them to the office, then out for a night on the town, or if you're feelin' extra cocky you can wear them with shorts to a bbq. Versatility is one of my biggest drivers when selecting items. Especially when it comes to men's clothing. Men's clothing/shoes are typically much more expensive then women's and should be looked at as more of an investment. When/if you buy the right thing it should get better with age anyway. Please be very careful when choosing this style of shoe or you will end up looking like your eighth grade girlfriend's hurting dad, who I can gurantee wears a cell phone clipped to his belt.
{via}
Above is a perfect example of how the tassel loafer should be worn. Mixed with a touch of modernization but not breaking any classic rules. I have a couple of different pairs but my go-to's are my Brooks Brothers Shell Cordovan tassel loafs pictured below. You'd be hard pressed to find me ever wearing socks with mine. Truth be told I think this is key. Especially if your goal is to have sophistication but also tell the world to go eff itself.
{via}

Oh and in case you are wondering, this gentleman has started his own shoe and clothing line which will include the shoe he is wearing. Write for details.



1 comment:

maggie said...

I think the tattoo is what really makes the tassel loafers work. (?) ;)