Monday, December 20, 2010

weekend recap

I have no more excuses. I have been sucking at blogging lately. It's winter! My nose has scabs in it (dry air), my skin is so dry it's scaly no matter how much lotion I put on, and I'd rather chop off my left arm then get out of the hot shower in the morning. Plus, all of my creative energy is going into Christmas; the shopping, the running about town, the logistics of it all. My mind is just not here. Good thing I'm not getting paid for this! (I wish).

This weekend was full of holiday goodies: I listened to David Sedaris' "Holidays On Ice" on tape (it will always be "books on tape"* to me) on my road trip up to Napoleon, and learned all about Crumpet's disdain for the holidays. Jake finally watched A Christmas Story and I giggled at the Dad's profanities towards the dogs and the furnace (it never gets old). We went bowling, played Catchphrase, heard a live mariachi band while sipping margaritas and took long warm naps. All in all, a wonderful cozy and relaxing weekend.

*If you haven't tried a book on tape for a longish-long roadtrip, I highly suggest it! It makes time fly and to boot, you can find cheap ones at Half Priced Books for $6 bucks.
post signature

2 comments:

Turbo said...

Bowling is basically my favorite sport (next to croquet). Awesome shots. Glad you guys had such a nice weekend.

Professor Fancy Pants said...

Or you can get tons of "Books on tape" at the Library for Free!! A good deal since you're making these trips frequently;)