Last night began my second 1/2 marathon training for the Columbus 1/2 on May 7. I forgot my headphones at work (curse words ensued upon realizing this) but it was actually a sweet blessing in disguise to forget them, and instead I listened to my breath and thoughts on my first run "back out there". Running has always been a time of meditation and reflection for me, and last night was no exception.
I may have run slower than normal (I cut myself some slack this winter) but I felt good and strong. I may be a little sore today but it's safe to say it's all worth it. Last year I got through training and my race without any pain but a couple of weeks later I was back at it running 6-8 and thought I was going. to. die. If you've ever experienced IT band problems firsthand, you know the tears and frustration that ensue.Send prayers and good stretches for NO IT BAND INJURIES!

2 comments:
Good luck with your training! :)
I am *so* sending thoughts and prayers for no ITB issues. I'm still sidelined by them, but the upside is that I have more time to root for you!
Post a Comment