Tuesday, February 22, 2011

tarjay

Today I'm here to prove that looking professional does not require an entire wardrobe from JCrew or Banana (although that would be as nice as that 60 degree weather we were having last week). It does not require you to break your fat piggy bank, sell your kidney on the black market or to work the streets for the sake of wearing nice tailored pants. I may or may not have considered doing all three, you decide.

I'm a big fan of Target. Who isn't? I'm a big fan of pencil skirts. Who isn't? I'm (now) a big fan of getting ready for work. I have a job and I love to shop, but I can NOT bring myself to buy a pencil skirt from JCrew for 80-90 bones. I just can't. Sometimes, when I daydream about winning the lottery and all of the shoes and dresses and skirts and vacations and wines and cheese and throw pillows I would buy, I think about how I'd still shop at Target and find good deals and get that much MORE out of my monies then blowing it on several designer pieces- I'm so smart.

Below are two outfits of recent days here at 255. Ignore the bathrooms, and pretend I have legs adorned with black tights and black heels (also from Target). I am not ashamed to say both of these outfits are Target, head. to. toe. (with the exception of my watch.)
Mom picked up the cherry magenta/red top and brown bag style skirt for me. I ordered the polka dot skirt online as they were sold out in a hurry in-stores. The button-ups at Target are always slim and tailored on the sides so they don't look bulky, and the cardi's are always on the cheap for the daily grind.

Toss in a black headband (you can't see but it's in both pictures), some tights, some heels and you've got yourself a working wardrobe.

Bye!

2 comments:

KMazza said...

Cute!

stacey erin said...

Just the other day, I was telling Todd how I will still shop at Target, no matter how much money we have!
(P.S. I have that magenta/red shirt!)