Monday, March 7, 2011

easy like sunday morning

This weekend was pretty solid. No-nonsense. No fuss. Right up my alley.
A couple of weeks ago I was in the checkout line at the grocery store and flipped through one of those mini recipe books pretending like I had every intention to whip up something with the Triscuits, salsa, toilet paper and tomatoes I had right there in my cart. But everything seemed really simple and easy so I tossed it in with the other random items. While packing for Jake's this weekend I threw in a can of PAM knowing my past two incidents cooking at Jake's led to a ruined frying pan and testing a smoke alarm. That's right, I was TESTING it for you Jake, gees.

On Saturday morning I whipped up this vegetable frittata to accompany our morning coffee ritual and it was nothing short of fantastic.While we both agreed hot sauce would have punched it up a notch, we had already gotten crazy enough with some peppers that the recipe didn't call for but ya know, I don't know too many things that are breakfasty that you can't throw in a frittata or omelette and it not taste good.

For the record this is a 9" frying pan. Jake and I split it in half and ate. it. all.

Which leads me to believe that is why I had a fabulous 5 mile run on Sunday morning followed by a wicked nap. To think, I used to hate mornings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK BETTER