Friday, March 11, 2011

outfit

I have this pinned up in my cubicle (See? There's a pin).
I adore this outfit. But...
1. You can pick up that striped shirt at Target for like, $16 in many colors.
2. The JCrew shorts are 395 dollars. Let that soak in for a little bit....


3. Did you pick up your jaw yet? Once I did, I started looking for similar what I like to call "budget friendly" versions and I can't find any ANYWHERE.
4. I also can't find a similar blazer.
5. I have a similar clutch.
It said this blazer was pj inspired since it's simply silk. Maybe I'll just find a floral silk pj top from Target or Kmart and call it a day. 

Oh, but those shorts! Dangit...

4 comments:

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

I'm sorry, but you have GOT to be joking me. $358 for shorts??? Unreal. I agree with your dissection of this outfit. I think J. Crew is great for inspiration and for styling tips, but their prices are getting pretty wacky. I mean, their stuff is nice and all, but it's not made of gold. A lot of it is just basics. Insane.

Love how you're thinking about bargain outfit building!

xo, Ashley

loveandpeaceF said...

I love that outfit! But being a college student theres no chance I could afford that, haha! It's nice to dream though!
- www.itsanewkate.blogspot.com

Lilac Haven said...

Before the photo loaded I was reading the caption and was going to ask you if the shorts were made of gold. Now I see that they are.

Professor Fancy Pants said...

Perhaps you or someone you know could find a pattern and make them?! Even if they had 27 mistakes before they finally got it right all that time and material would be cheaper than $358!!