Remember how I hate cooking for 1? Well, I do. It's not as much fun and it goes right along with my theory that when you cook your own dinner it doesn't taste as good. As was NOT the case last night. I knew I was heading to the grocery but was so tired of grabbing the same stuff. So, when I saw this recipe on Cooking Light I knew it was doable in that I couldn't set off a smoke alarm or ruin pasta. For lack of better words it was INCREDIBLE.
Pasta with Prosciutto and Spinach.
And the Cooking Light magazine was for good measure- luck to start finding recipes and actually making them. This meal was so easy to make, so much so that I enjoyed a glass of wine whilst preparing. The pine nuts add a nutty, creamy taste while the garlic brought all the flavors from the spinach and prosciutto together. Speaking of prosciutto- it doesn't say so in the recipe, but I cut the meat into shred-like proportions. While the pasta was cooking I sprinkled a little salt and pepper on it to bring out the flavor. I'd sans the salt next time, as prosciutto is a salty meat on its own. This took 20 minutes and the first bite to the last was fantastic.

2 comments:
oh my gosh, looks delicious!! pasta is a great "for one" dish.
that looks delish. i need to throw spinach in more things i cook.
Post a Comment