Wednesday, January 25, 2012

new running playlist

I'm late to the Spotify train. Since Monday, however, I have been listening to music almost non-stop. While working, while running, while putting away dishes, while getting ready in the morning, while taking a hot shower to warm up after a run. Let's just say I'm loving it.

So what came first? The chicken or the egg? I can't decide if the music is making me want to run or the hiatus/burnt out feeling from running has gone away and I'm ready to get after it again. I think it's a little bit of both. When you have new tunes in your ears, (and new running shoes), it's inevitable that by 4:30pm I am itching to hit the pavement. Monday I ran 4, and last night I ran 4, and then another half mile because the good tunes just kept on coming. I could get used to this! And I should, given that my next half marathon training begins on February 26. Ba-zing!

What are you guys listening to these days to run? I always find it hard to find things that have an appropriate beat and keep me going, but it's safe to say that I'm most comfortable with gangster rap. It puts me right back into competitive track mode.
Here's what's making me want to run my brains out:

N*ggas in Paris- Kanye West + Jay Z (I can't stop listening to this song)
It Will Rain- Bruno Mars
Born This Way- Gaga (duh)
Shake It Out- Florence + The Machine
She Will- Lil Wanye + Drake
What You Know- T.I.
Stronger- Kelly Clarkson (this one is AWESOME to run/dance to)
Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO
Party- Beyonce
Hey Mama- Mat Kearney
Lost+- Coldplay + Jay Z
We Found Love- Rihanna

Also, I treated myself to these never worn, second hand-ish shoes from Talbots for a cool $25 bucks last night from Second Chance. I love finding good deals. And leopard print. I can't wait to wear these with toothpick jeans.

No comments: