
Okay, okay so I realize I've had 3 blogs in a row today but I've got to give you some substance before "debuting" my new hobby!
Speaking of hobbies...I have been jonesing for the Domino The Best of Decorating book to hit book stores October 14. My inevitable second bible, I am bee-lining straight for Barnes & Noble to add this to my coffeetable collection of fashion design icons and interior design books (which I will someday refer to when I score that house I'm already putting together in my wishful mind.)
I came across this great read from my Domino magazine, received on cue monthly only to be read cover to cover. If you happen to love stylish, never-seen in Pottery Barn, fabulous interior design I would highly suggest checking this publication out. I feel like a kid who gets to lick the cookie dough off BOTH beaters while entranced with reading my haven.
I understand for the woman in her 20's she's either still copping a roomate or lives alone and is scrapping together enough money to even have a matching love seat and sofa set. The best part about this magazine is they often suggest economical and organic ways to furnish your home. Thankfully, they have even done an issue on how to decorate an apartment, often with limitations to painting and/or renovation. Whatever your living situation it is my belief that a home filled with knicks of memories and knacks of neat finds are what really make it a home. Besides magazines take a Saturday to hit up a flea market outside of town or scour Grandma's home for the unnecessary adornments she doesn't use anymore that can bring meaning and new era to your digs.
Check out Domino: The Guide to Living with Style at http://www.dominomag.com/.
To spare you the search, you lazy woman, go straight to The Best of Decorating book preview by clicking http://www.dominomag.com/magazine/flipbook2/.
p.s. If you see anything in the issue that you like Domino gives on-page shopping info.
No comments:
Post a Comment