Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dance Your Pants Off

It's good to be back! After taking some time off from writing I'm back to it and feeling the creative pull on the brain. I honestly believe it is from taking in such different cities, cultures, smells, sights and everything in between that has me craving some sort of expression of creativity. And now that the weather has taken its final dive into the cold and sometimes dreadful weather I fully intend to dust off the paint brushes and DIY projects I've been putting off through the summer. Bottom line; I have a lot I want to do and a lot I want to write about!

Pardon my abrubt change in subject, but let's get to the real point of my writing today. This past Tuesday I returned to Columbus from the bustling, college filled city of Boston. Beautiful in every way from the food to the sights to the eager and young people ready to discover their city. Caitlin and I went to a dance club called ZuZu for Soulalujah which is a dance session heavily filled with your soulful and sing-on-the-top-of-your-lungs type playlists. In a couple of words it was pure heaven. The atmosphere was cheerful in a sultry way and you could tell every single person was there to dance their pants off; and that is exactly what we did! I commented on the fact that I only wished that a city like Columbus would have such a place where cares and egos could be left at the door and everyone could dance in unison and equality. I am happy to report that a very well known gem in Columbus lives up to every rumor and rant review it has ever received. Nikki and I finally attended Skully's Ladies 80's Night on Thursdays and frolicked, shimmied, and boogied our way into the night to such amazing songs! What I really loved is that everyone from 80's babies to older couples were sharing the love of one of the best and also cheesiest decades. Leave your hair scrungies and leg warmers at home ladies, (unless you really want to go all out) just bring your fabulous self and some good dancing shoes to enjoy this night out on the town!

FYI Ladies get in for free on Thursdays and also receive 2 free drink tickets for a beverage of your choice (also known as beers and well drinks.) Grab your girlfriends and we'll be sure to see you there!

No comments: