Thursday, December 4, 2008

Santa, Stop Here!

In an effort to make a casual entrance (and not be the creepy first one to arrive) I wasted time perusing a new store vying for shoppers attention at Easton Town Center. I ventured into west elm (purposely lower-cased) which is on the south side of the "town" and situated behind P.F. Chang's. Any passer-by would be drawn in to the modern and earthy mix of oversized furniture with adorned details.

I instantly fell in love with these vases, more specifically the 2 on the left with a raised pattern of octagons in a creamy wintery white which I figured could also be used year-round. Something about a crisp white against the soft and colorful flowers is a great contrast of hard and feminine.

Perhaps even more evident of the stores yin and yang of Pottery Barn meets Ikea are these heavenly (and I do mean ultra soft) cable knit pillow covers. I guess pillows can get chilly too! I figure they can keep warm on my couch someday.

Visit http://www.westelm.com/ for locations and sign up for a free catalog. (At least I'll be getting something in my mail that is more thrilling then bills!)

Also good to know; there is a store-wide sale through till Christmas which offers a lot of reasonable gifts for those on your list.

No comments: