Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Miss Gorightry!!"

What to do when you get a case of the Mean Reds? Take advice from the one and only Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) and take your fabulous self to Tiffany's. For the more realistic debonaire in all of us follow my advice and take your fabulous ass to bed! Of course you can still do this in a fashionable way by wearing a sleep mask worthy of an accessory in itself.

Yours Truly channeled her inner Breakfast at Tiffany's star a couple of Halloween's ago (would have again this year but was on the road for the holiday) and felt every bit as Holly as I looked the part. And now I am on the hunt for the sleep mask she donned in the movie to get the most out of her beauty sleep (as if she needed any!)

Click on the mask below to be directed to the website where you can purchase the coveted sleep accessory a'la Breakfast at Tiffany's!

In my search for the mask I came across a couple of GREAT sites I should share with you. A blog that follows the chic and charm in every woman covers how to epitomize the inner-Holly in us all.


Holly Golightly's Wisdom:
Don't accept drinks from disapproving men
Keep extra perfume and lipstick in your mailbox for last minute touch ups
Combat the mean reds with a trip to Tiffany
Operate on a cash only basis
Steal things from the five and dime on occasion, to keep your hand in
Have a Cookie Jar, i.e. a man who pays for the pleasure of your company with out expecting anything physical...this generally only works if that man is in jail and using you to send messages to his drug cartel
Always know who the ten richest men under 50 are in your area
A trip to the powder room is an excellent exit strategy
People don't belong to people

http://www.chicandcharming.com/

Lastly,
"You know those days when you get the mean reds? No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? Well, when I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!" <3

No comments: