Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yuletide 'Stache

The 2nd Annual Yuletide 'Stache swoire took place this past Saturday and the ugly Christmas sweaters were gloriously cheesy in all their shimmering splendor!

Let me preface this by saying that back in October, while staying in Bismarck, North Dakota I wasted an afternoon scanning the racks of the nearby hot shopping spots-the thrift stores.

I found three ridiculous and oversized Christmas sweaters that would be just perfect for the not-so-normal Christmas party my friends like to dress up for. Chosen, bought and shipped home to be worn and adorned with equally bright tights.

I absolutely adore my friends. I have been blessed with friendships lasting since middle school; not only lasting but growing stronger. These women continue to amaze me with their strength, hilarity, and originality. Each one brings something so unique to the table and I must say we have never really sacrificed our own originality. These ladies have gumption.

So it is unreal and quite amazing that a group of such classy, successful and head-strong women can be transformed into the 13 year old crazy girls that we were from a sweater and some Christmas music. I do not think we will ever truly grow up and to me that is just splendid.

Give us any reason to dress up inappropriately and you won't have to ask us twice.

No comments: