Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear Spring, Godspeed

I have admittedly been stuck in a creative rut, among other ruts (hair, clothes) for the remainder of Ohio's dreadful lingering winters. I realize I haven't blogged since early February and my reasonable excuse is I'd rather wait until I'm actually excited to write rather then spout off some ridiculous ramblings about things I don't even care about. But let me tell you what I do care about. SPRING. We are nearing the end of the tunnel, I can see the light. I can taste the sweetness of windows down in the car and apartment, warm sunshine on my skin, and tights to be left next to the argyles in the sock drawer until Fall.

That being said I awoke this morning to sunshine filtering in through the blinds and curtains and could not contain my anticipation for temperatures such as the 50's and 60's in the near forecast. Only ten degrees more? Yes, but I'll take it. It's amazing what a little vitamin D can do for the soul. Here are some things I'm looking forward to; some already planned, some ideas and mostly things I will undoubtedly begin checking off my list as early as the Easter Bunny arrives.

1. Play tennis outside...not on the Wii.
2. RUNNING in the new neighborhood, exploring routes, returning to Antrim and Highbanks.
3. Find and buy cute patio furniture for the new front porch.
4. Sit on that front porch to drink coffee, read a magazine or the Life section of the paper, play euchre or drink beer.
5. Dust of the trusty bike and take it for a ride.
6. Walks at dusk to spy on the ridiculously good-looking semi to full-blown mansions I live around, just so I can see how they decorate (or how they hired someone to decorate).
7. Fire side chats and beverages around the firepit.
8. Kelsey's wedding/BFV vacation/reunion in Jacksonville, FL in May. Four-day madness to ensue, including a trip to the Birnie beach house.
9. Shopping for dresses and shoes of any length, color and style (already eyeing some at Emperor's, Target and JCrew...)
10. Trip to Urban Farmhouse to see what she's got in store for Spring/Summer 09.
11. A possible Spring lakehouse trip.
12. Attend a Gallery Hop when it's not 20 degrees outside.
13. Get a fresh mani/pedi when the sandals become official staples of the wardrobe again.
14. Attend a Clipper's game in the new stadium, drink beers and eat a hot dog (or two).

This is probably a reasonable amount for a good kickoff to Spring, effective immediately.

Unless the trusty Ohio weather decides to throw us another March-blizzard curveball.

1 comment:

Mike Sawicki said...

Carrie, stumbled upon your blog from facebook today. It's been a while. Your latest entry has got me pretty excited for spring. I'm so done with this cold weather. Take care.

Mike Sawicki