
Clairol's Natural Instincts "Pecan", a medium golden brown hue. I have always been a loyal customer of Natural Instincts for their ammonia free hook. The hardest decision wasn't which color to choose but which to tear into first...the color or the wine?
As I stood in the tiny bathroom blow-drying my pecaned locks I decided what this here day's blog would include. While I'm at it, here are two other products I just can't say enough about. Both have been referrals and both have not let me down. Oddly enough they are both Maybelline products. [insert obvious "maybe it IS Maybelline" joke here.]
First up is Pure Makeup in Sandy Beige Medium tone. If you know me, I hate buying makeup. I'm just not seasoned in it...and being indecisive doesn't help either. It's no surprise that you need to change up your makeup tones come summertime. Once the sun has kissed your temples and cheeks with a bronzed smackaroo you can't get away with using your winter-hued coverup...unless you are trying for that raccoon look. And that just looks ridiculous. This is undoubtedly one of the best products for a base I have ever used. It goes on smooth and blends so perfectly well to my skin tone that it's literally like my own skin...only the better version. It feels so clean, so light and relatively matte that it banishes any shine or unevenness. I rarely even need to do a once-over with my loose powder. Try it...you can thank me later!
Lastly, my dear friend Tessa B., with lashes long enough to poke your eye out, referred me to this yellow and purple gem. The Colossal Volume Express mascara became an immediate go-to favorite in my sparse makeup bag. My five minute morning makeup routine is pretty basic but I have to say some of the above pure makeup and a few good shimmies of this wand on your lashes and you're ready to go. This particular Wednesday morning I have done this very routine, to at the very least, look alive. And call me crazy, but the mascara actually smells good. But maybe I've just been sniffing too many wands and maybe just maybe some of that afformentioned hairdye went straight to what's left of my brain cells.
Tammy Faye would be proud!
3 comments:
I hate buying make up too! But I need a good foundation, so I think I'll take you up on your referral and pick up some of that Maybelline Pure Makeup. Now I wish I was just better at picking out the right color for my skin! And who can resist killer lashes?
I bought the Maybelline Stiletto mascara recently, and although it has turned me back onto mascara brush instead of mascara spikey rubbery thing, it REEKS! I'm going to give this a try when I'm done with the Stiletto. (Ellyn P also tried the stiletto and doesn't like it either.)
i got some of the pure makeup a couple weeks ago and i love it!! might have to try some of the colossal volume mascara - i love love love bad gal lash by benefit, but i'm almost out and it totally does not fit in my budget right now :(
Post a Comment