Friday, June 26, 2009

Roadside Trash Update

Friday Friends has been fun, and I fully intend to keep on with it...but today, my dear visitors, I have my very first guest blogger Selby Nippert Beers! I have been twisting the arms of near and dear friends to guest blog but to no avail. Yeah, I get it...your busy with that thing called "work" and the other throes of "life". Someday when I'm famous you'll wish you contributed to the greatness of Ruby! [kidding.]

Selby amuses me on a daily basis with her quirky status updates via Facebook called "Roadside Trash Update". At first I had no clue what this delightful white-trash news flash could entail...something in her neighbors yard? I stood, surprisingly, corrected. Ladies and gentleman...Selby N. Beers.

So, about a month ago I started my Roadside Trash Update due to the overwhelming amount of "unique" items found along Dayton area highways. On my morning commute I spend the majority of my time on 35W and 75S. These two major highways make for spectacular trash sightings! I think what moved me to start my udpates was the fact that I saw an actual wheelchair on the side of the road. A wheelchair? Are you serious?! Thankfully, no one was in the wheelchair at the time. I'm somewhat amazed that I typically have at least 2 unique trash updates to report per week. I've never experienced roadside trash like this in all my driving days and I'm not sure that bodes well for Dayton, either. Here are some of the highlights of the roadside trash seen on my morning commute:

The infamous wheelchair
A grill frame
A pet carrier
A laundry basket
A kitchen trashcan
A wing-back chair
A kiddie pool

I've received a few comments from folks via Twitter and Facebook that they enjoy these little trash updates, so I think I will keep them coming and hopefully they will get even more interesting as time progresses. I'm hoping that one of these days I will see something so great that I will have to pull over and take it for myself! I could be well on my way to furnishing my house!

Selby lives in Dayton, OH with her college sweetheart hubby, Kevin and their Shih Tzu, Millie Grace. She's also easily one of the funniest people I know.

1 comment:

teamBoo said...

I'm so glad you were inspired! I added a disclaimer to my Project Boo video that i captured all the footage with my camera. Also i have made videos on PC a while back with a program called Nero, but when i did a search, the built in one in most PC's nowadays is called Movie Maker. I hope that re-inspires you to create your own...you SO should!