Wednesday, July 1, 2009

And the Oscar Goes To...

I have been inspired, once again, by Team Boo's summer video. It's just B for b-RILLIANT. And after talking with Carolyn from Team Boo I expressed that I was worried my little old PC wouldn't have the ability to make such a video....until she told me about Movie Maker. Movie Maker comes with most PC's and sure enough, it was the hidden gem in my programs. After a few hurdles to jump (finding codec's to convert music files) and figuring out how Movie Maker exactly worked I came up with my first Movie Maker project, titled "Happiness". I have a long way to go, first being that I fire up the digital camera and capture some actual moving moments (as opposed to a pictoral slideshow). But I wanted to acquaint myself with said program before I devoted at least a 6 hour sit-down sure to be filled with "wanting to throw this computer out the window" syndrome of making an actual motion picture movie. So without further ado I present to you...

Happiness

*please disregard the 7:57 time stamp on the movie. It's actually only half of that. Again, I am learning!

I'd like to thank my Mom, Dad, and rest of the family for making my dreams come true. And also God. This industry is truly a light in the darkness of our world and economy and I'm just happy to be apart of all of it. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! It's going on my mantle...

"I Run to You" by Lady Antebellum

2 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats on your first movie! I have been wanting to learn how to do that because I've realized that most PCs come with video editing software. That was great and so sweet :)

Lilac Haven said...

I love the movie and I love!! the song. You've inspired me. I want to do a movie. Stay tuned.