Friday, August 28, 2009

My Random Lovely Life

Hey ya'll (that's the recent hillbilly in me talking). It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Henry Country Fair, tractor pulls, canoeing/caBREWing, rope swings, crocs, missing Jake, face masks, long runs, no sleep, pizza, beer, yoga, free cucumber the size of my head, free tomatoes, wearing a pinky splint, sleeping in my car, pretzel rods, laughing out loud at the man who made my Subway sandwich who was training a girl and told her that "when someone asks for more...you give them more" with dead-on seriousness and who also said that "6" subs only get 3 olives per side" and proceeded to give me 3 OLIVES equally spaced out on that big sandwich and Tessa and I just looked at eachother and laughed and laughed and laughed, running in the rain, wearing the same work pants three days in a row, walk at Antrim, watching no TV, avoiding cleaning the bathroom...ya know, the usge.

I'm going to highlight one conversation that took place recently:

>>TV on Seinfeld. Caitlin and I have light discussion about god-knows-what when suddenly the show cuts to commercial and we're captivated by the drunk drivers who get pulled over and when the door opens or the motorcyclist's helmet opens beer comes spilling out.<<

[silence]
[glare at eachother]
[seriousness]
CM: "So like, I always wonder how they get that beer in there. Ya know? In that helmet. I can't figure it out."
CH: "Yeah, like....how does it stay in there without leaking? How did they do that?"
CM: "I don't know, but every time I see that commercial I wonder how they did it. Maybe they screwed a hole in the top of the helmet and poured it in the top. But then it would probably sprinkle out the bottom, ya know?"
CH: "Maybe they used a hose to fill it up?"
CM: "But through what? That hole? Did they screw a hole in the top?"
[pause]....
.....[pause]
CH: "Hmm. Good point. Maybe they had the actor wear a really tight neck brace thing so it wouldn't squirt out the bottom when they poured it in there."
CM: "But HOW did they get it in there?! Because when he opens the visor it pours out."
CH: "Well maybe they poured it in through the visor."
CM: "Yeah but then how would they close it without the beer leaking? It had to have been a hole."
[long pause]
CH: "Yeah...."
CM: "Yeah......."
Caitlin and Carrie: Attempting to Solve Lifes Biggest Questions since 1990.

No comments: