Monday, August 31, 2009

My Favorite Time of Year

I cannot believe it's already the 31 of August! Where has the Summer gone? This weekend gave us a taste of sunshine and crisp cool air and I cannot resist the urge to dive into Fall full-force. Yesterday Mom & Dad had a cookout and we all sat fireside with hoodies and jeans on, complete with flip flops reminding me that Summer is still holding out for a couple more weeks. This morning during my sleepy-eyed commute I heard the original version of "Hang On Sloopy" that actually gave me the chills. Ohio State Football starts this weekend and to any Cbus Lifer that's a Big Deal. So, without further ado, I might as well share some things I just love about Fall in Ohio:

-sitting fireside outside
-Grandma's birthday at Highbanks (hopefully this year it won't be in the 80s the first week of October)
-hooded sweatshirts
-Ohio State Football/football games
-apple cider
-candy corn
-warm sunshine and cool air
-the smell of leaves
-thinking about Halloween costumes
-seasonal ale's
-annnything pumpkin (think pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies)
-wearing tall boots
-apple cinnamon candles
-CHILI
-soup for every meal
-Fall colors; deep reds, browns, marigolds, surprising teals
-gun metal gray and chocolate brown (via wardrobe)
-hot coffee on cool mornings
-tailgating
-naps after tailgating

the list goes on, and on, and on....and if you haven't been in Ohio during Fall then you haven't lived. Hands down The Best Season in Ohio!

1 comment:

Erika said...

your list made me miss fall so much... it's been in the hundreds here for the past week. sucks because i just loaded up on boots and plaid shirts and skinny jeans and now im stuck in sundresses still!