First up was some comfort food, cause who doesn't need comfort in the form of food every now and then? We chose to make Potato Corn Chowder which is so ridiculously easy I could probably make it with my eyes closed. It was dee-LISH (that was for you Dad)!




We paired the hot soup with a warm wheat baguette and sprinkled a bit of parsley on the top (to look perty).
Next up was The Soup That Aunt Chris Makes (because I can never remember what it's actually called). This is when Mom and I got our blogger thinking caps on to recap the steps of preparing this easy go-to/last you all week-meal. Forgive me in advance for my lack of cooking vocabulary.
Step 1: Sautee onions in EVOO on medium. Soften 'em...don't let them burn. Cut leeks and add those too.
Step 2: Drain and add white beans and get all of the water out of the spinach and throw that in there. Add some of that garlic because come on, garlic makes everything taste better.
Step 4: Later on, towards the end, add the couscous. The more couscous you add (which I like more) the more chicken stock you'll need to keep it a soupish consistency. Add salt n' pepper to taste.
Step 5: ENJOY. It is good with some parm cheese grated on top (personal fav) or with a piece of that warm baguette bread.
"NEXT!"
Set your blog-dvr's...Part II of The Day I Felt Like Being Domestic is coming up.



No comments:
Post a Comment