Monday, September 21, 2009

Being Domestic Part II

So I should really have my own Food Network show, dontcha think? I am a sucker for Banana Nut Bread. I guess that should actually read I'm nutty for Banana Nut Bread. (I'm here all night.)

And although I'm not baking up a storm a 'la Erika over there at Flowers and Sausages, (mmm sausage) (I see you over there Erika and your adorableness with your cute cupcakes and sexy enviable hair), Mom and I did make the banana nut bread featured below (double batch):

1. Mix together flour and baking soda. (Sorry I don't remember measurements!) Mom said she took this picture just in case no one knew what flour looked like.


2. Meanwhile, have your assistant mix 4 ripe bananas till smooth and not lumpy, read; looks an awful lot like baby's food.


3. Get two eggs out of the carton. (This is Mom and I's best artistic interpretation of photographing eggs.)


4. Filter (filter?) out the egg whites. (Tricky tricky!) Don't forget to preheat the oven at 350 (cause we did).

(SOMEONE needs a mani...)

5. Mix all ingredients together in the bowl with the white stuff. Fold it over and mix it good. Add 2 cups (I think) of walnuts to this mixture.


6. Coat baking pans with spray oil and some flour so it doesn't stick. Empty contents (equally) into two pans (hence the double batch.)


7. Smell it's amazing goodness filter throughout the house while it bakes.

8. Get it while it's hot! ENJOY!
Now if only I could get that domesticality (there's that word again) to kick in while staring at the ridiculous pile of clothes that I need to iron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love banana nut bread! I'm not much of a chef though so thanks for the recipe; it made it all seem a little less impossible for me, haha!

Erika said...

ooo that looks so delicious!! i love a good banana nut bread in the fall :)