Friday, September 25, 2009

Slowly

When was the last time you listened to yourself? I mean, truly listened? Of course, you listen to yourself everyday; which sandwich to order, which chore to do next. But I'm talking about the quiet voice inside of you that tells you something needs to happen and you need to LISTEN. Most times these aren't the easiest of choices. I have never been one to quiet my mind and listen to what's tucked behind underneath, that voice that won't leave you alone until it's satisfied...the one that keeps you up at night and sometimes takes your breath away. It's never the easiest. It's never pleasant. But I think...actually, I am certain that, within this struggle and period of absolute emptiness, that voice is almost like a disease. And once it is listened to, obeyed and finally ridden of your mind it leaves you to pick up what's left of the healthy pieces to slowly begin to put your heart back together again.

image via weheartit

No comments: