Friday, October 30, 2009

happy halloween!

Last night I went over to my Aunt and Uncles house to see the kids costumes, eat chili, hand out candy, and wait and wait for the kids to return, pour out candy, count candy, and categorize candy in like groups just as I did every year when I was a kid. It's coming full circle now.

Then I gave Abs and Jakey airplane rides on my legs and I remembered how I used to do this at the lakehouse on the slanty kitchen floor with my friends and I felt old...and big. But I felt happy because, I remembered what it's like to be on top of the legs, feeling really really high and like you might fall a thousand feet to the ground. Seeing their faces, laying down and looking up, was priceless.

photo courtesy of Mom

I love Halloween's traditions. Saving Grandpa a Snicker's is no longer my job but I am happy to pass the torch. I'm now "testing a piece of candy to make sure it's not poisenous." I love those kids. And I think it's safe to say I will never be too old to dress up and go all out on Halloween.

Happy Halloween!!!

post signature

No comments: