"Walk a lap with me and then take it slow...you'll be fine to run after a lap." And so I did.
As dusk closed in on us we made way back to my place to stretch and head out for a dinner date. Two 20 oz beers later and two salads, 1 plate of broccoli (gotta get your veggies in) and Dad was telling me the ways to heal a heart that has been hurt.
"Keep spending time with your friends. Know you did everything possible to make it work. Keep doing what you love...your creativity, the fun things, get out and run and focus on yourself" were just some of the cures he mentioned to keep up. And so, I will continue to do just that.
Dad's always know best. I walked that lap and never felt greater for the rest of the 2 miles. As for the heart? I have a feeling in no time it will have never felt greater too.
1 comment:
aww i love that picture of you and your dad!!!
Post a Comment