Friday, April 16, 2010

a birthday

In keeping with my diabolical plan to attack Lauren at every technological outlet possible for her birthday (FB, text, email and now blogging) I will share a few tidbits and facts that you did not know about Lauren and I's every so-strong and hysterical friendship (that I wouldn't trade for the world). 1. We met in 7th grade and she hated me at first. For no reason. It was my fasionable clothes wasn't it? Or the fact that I snagged the hottest guy to date during the first pep rally? JEALOUS.

2. We (obviously) became friends and went shopping at A&F one day and bought the same long sleeved hunter green crew neck shirt. Between the two of us, we wore it at least 3 times a week. I am not kidding. And I still have the shirt.
3. One year in HIGH SCHOOL we decided to continue trick or treating and dressed up as identical fairies. And no we were not drunk or on drugs.

4. We made up a workout/step dance video in Lauren's living room with stools to Whitney Houston's "It's Not Right but It's Okay" and practiced it after school.

5. We ran track together for 6 years and had almost every single class together including THE most ridiculous amazing useless social studies class of all time with BJJ in 8th grade.
6. If you say "The Great Switcheroo" to either of us, we'll know what you mean, and explain to you the best and cleanest switch of boyfriends ever known to mankind.

7. We almost died (seriously) in a rafting "incident" in Michigan one summer. We were in the middle of nowhere floating down the river and singing a number from the movie The Newsies (one of the best movies) and got distracted. We did not see the rapids coming up ahead. You get the idea.
8. We used to talk on the phone at night and would sync up the same Boys II Men song to stream at the same time in each of our rooms. And then sing it to eachother in the phone. Yeah, I didn't say we weren't/still aren't weird.

9. We email daily at work via gmail and our chain, on a daily basis, easily reaches up into the hundreds.

10. We both witnessed Joey Howard jump out of Mrs. Cox's 2nd story window during class one day, for no reason.

11. We've decided we experienced our Worst EVER Hangover together on a sunny December afternoon in '08 in leftover Ugly Christmas Sweater attire for 24 hours straight.

12. She is the sole reason I am obsessed with eating green beans.

13. She would point and laugh at me in Ms. Condren's English class when Ms. Condren would have to tell me, "Carrie, fragmatic is not a word in the dictionary." And then I would beat her up in the hall (I am not kidding).

14. We had the most intense heart to heart and cried like babies in the middle of Bar Louie one night and have been ever so much closer since.

15. I know for a fact she is giving one of the best speeches at my wedding someday. And I am already composing my speech for hers in my head.

16. I am the official Godmother of her dog, Winston.

17. We went to The Big House for the OSU vs. Michigan game this past year and both agreed it was one of the most happiest and joyful experiences of our lives.
18. She has The Worst Southern accent of all time. Just ask her to do it. It's funny.

Happy Birthday Lauren! You're 'ulous and I love you for it!

post signature

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love you :) This is the best!