Thursday, April 1, 2010

growth

"I didn't know what I wanted to do. But...I knew the woman I wanted to become."
-Diane Von Furstenberg, fashion designer

I love this quote. And it's from an American Express commercial! It pretty much sums up the way I've felt about myself in the past four years. My, how that time between 21 and 25 exposes the raw, sometimes scary, mostly beautiful parts you find out about yourself. How much you can endure, what you believe in, how deeply you can love and how hard you will fight for someone. Growth and learning about ourselves is such a process but worth every hard look in the mirror from time to time.

Growth is everywhere we look. It's spring and the cherry blossoms across the street peeked out this morning enough for me to notice them. So pretty! I have been organizing my pictures into folders on my computer this morning and came across my old banners/headers for my blog. My how far I have come! I have tinkered, cussed at and researched HTML and Photoshop enough to create legit designs. I kid you not, I created my first header design in PAINT. Let's have a look- see at the growth:


post signature

1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...

so lucky you're so good at photoshop. i seriously suck.