Thursday, April 1, 2010

instyle savvy

If you give a girl an airplane ride...Traveling via airplane is what I believe to be God's (okay and the FAA's) little way of saying, "turn it all off " and just relax. Close your eyes. Read a book. Catch a nap. S l o w it down.

Personally I dig into my fashion magazines that I buy just for the plane. Sometimes I even spring for a publication I wouldn't normally buy, in this case Elle Decor. I live so dangerously don't I? I drooled over the rooms in that mag and day dreamed about the ways I could incorporate a striped rug (stripes..surprise surprise) into my apartment.

I've found that dog-earring the pages inside InStyle (the bible of fashion) serves no purpose, as I close the back cover and realize I've pinched down just about every other page. And who has time to remember those inspiration outfits anyways? My solution is my bathroom closet door turned Inspiration Board. Tape them up, view them while you're drying your hair in your undies thinking about tonight's outfit, pull together your look with your own pieces and VOILA!

Example from Yours Truly:


magazine image here

I took the inspiration of the colors light pink, black and white and punched it up with a tuxedo jacket with the cuffs rolled up. Add a few accessories like a thick black belt, a bib necklace and some killer gladiator shoes and you've got yourself a knock-off outfit!

post signature

1 comment:

Holly said...

I loved that pink, black and white outfit. I saw photos of you in it on Facebook and wanted to create my own "knock off" outfit! You are quite the stylista :) I can't wait to see what outfits you'll come up with after all your airplane mag inspiration!