Tuesday, April 27, 2010

pancake party

Vacation has always and will always equal eating copious amounts of food you wouldn't normally eat at home; be it for the local choices that aren't here in Ohio, or simply because I am not nor have I ever been a person to order pancakes for breakfast. But when the group wanted to try The Pancake Pantry in the adorable Hillsboro area in Nashville, I raised the white flag. I went ALL OUT. We actually ate the cinnamon/brown sugar syrup by the spoonful before our plates arrived because our mouthes were salivating THAT much. And geesus, it was delicious.
The line around the block (every Saturday and Sunday morning) was well worth the wait. For the record my check included the following: large OJ, cup of joe, cheesey omelette with tomatoes, 3 strips of bacon and 3 pancakes. Followed by bites of Jenbug's Pecan & Banana slapjacks and Nikki's Strawberries & Cream p'cakes.
If you're ever in Nashville, go to West End for this decadent treat! Eat the syrup, you won't be sorry.

Yep, still listening to "American Honey" by Lady Antebellum.

post signature

No comments: