question: what do you think I like about this room? While I still gravitate towards those types of PB pieces, I have to say my style has evolved and I can't help but lust towards the rooms with pops of random color and collections. I no longer want the sterile canvas that PB portrays (although in its defense it will always boast beautiful pieces) but I crave a bit of spontanaiety with a whole 'lotta favorite treasures. I want to cultivate pieces over time, from places I've been; from countries I will someday visit right down to 5th Ave second hand shops. Mostly, I want to keep making my apartment (and someday house) feel like a home.
Some favorite pieces I have so far: a green vase from Cinda Lou Shop ($4), a $12 mirror from a 2nd hand shop in Worthington, my yellow desk, and my Keep Calm and Carry On framed poster.
The beams. The brick. The fire place in the dining room/kitchen.Yes, yes and yes.
Answer: stripes. coral color. gray/lilac color. big ass hydrangeas.
All images via my Elle Decor magazine. actual paperback. I cut out these pics, old school ways.
4 comments:
I have a chalkboard in my kitchen!!! It's a bit smaller than that one though
too funny that you have the keep calm and carry on poster framed - i just found a picture of one and used it in my blog last week! love it. :)
i love the cover image for Elle Decor...that is my absolute favorite magazine. i think adding the pops of color are a great idea.
xox alison
love!
Post a Comment