Friday, May 21, 2010

green thumb

Reason #547 why I will make a good wife:I do yardwork. And I like it.

Mom set a good example. The grass is not going to cut itself if Dad is out of town...or busy whacking down that overgrown tree in the backyard that is not technically ours but always grows onto our side (heated topic of debate in the Mazza family every summer). My neighbor was walking in as I was mulching last night and stopped dead in her tracks and asked with piqued interest, "What ARE you doing? The landlord should do this." And I retorted, "Nah. I asked him for the mulch, I don't mind doing it." She looked at me as if I had 10 heads and every other one was spinning.

Mom also set a good example of the proper attire to do yardwork in. No gardening gloves, just get messy. Old men's boxer shorts and a tank. Barefoot. I think I liked it way too much.

The beds just need some flowers now! And if it could JUST stop raining!

post signature

1 comment:

Professor Fancy Pants said...

Love it! You go girl. Now, please report to 484 J street....for your next task;)